On the Golf Course
Junior golf is just part of First Tee. Through our program that strengthens character, kids will learn life skills that stay with them into the rest of their lives, like:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program
Participants progress through levels by demonstrating inner strength, character, and the life and golf skills they have learned. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level.
- Introduction to the First Tee program (ages 5 and older)
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7) – Tee it up for the first time and learn the game of golf and First Tee’s Code of Conduct
- Par (recommended minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality
- Eagle (recommended minimum age 13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community
Learning Golf & Life-Skills begins here:
First Tee’s Life-Skills Experience is currently available at three locations in Midland. Opening in the fall of 2020 will be our new home and practice facility which includes a 6-hole course. Beginning in the fall of 2020 First Tee West Texas will begin offering the First Tee Golf & life-Skills Experience in Odessa.
We are also looking forward to our future home for First Tee West Texas at the former driving range off of loop 250.